Wednesday 11 February 2015

Training Ride 10-02-2015

I set off from Barton on a cold afternoon about 1 or 2 degrees. Daylight was fading and I wanted to try and do about 35 miles at a steady pace. I thought I would stick to the slightly busier roads traffic wise as there were still spots of ice about and these roads would be gritted. There was quite a bit of traffic but no problems with that apart from one guy in an oncoming car rolled his window down and shouted something as he went past ?? Don't know what that was about ? Maybe my light which is quite bright and was set to strobing was in his eyes. I angled it down a bit more and carried on and hoped he wouldnt come back. I am not a brave man.

Did a couple of loops around Swanland going up the hill twice. Tried hard on the first one hoping for a Strava PB and chugged up the 2nd time. Didnt get a PB, must try harder. At the top the second time got passed by a fellow cyclist and it was Charlie from the club ( Cottingham Road Club ). Shouted to him to slow down and rode with him for about 20 minutes. He took me down an interesting cut through on the other side of Swanland that brings you out in the vicinity of Eloughton Dale and we went our different ways near the top of Beverley Road.

I wasnt planning to come this way as going down Beverley Road into South Cave would be quite scary for me (remember I'm not a brave man ) in these close to icy conditions. So it proved as I had a couple of back wheel wobbles as I went down as slow as possible.

Into South Cave then Welton, Melton and North Ferriby before getting back to the Humber Bridge and back home to Barton. 35 miles exactly., didnt feel brilliant I have to say, but then I dont think I ever do ! Let's call them base miles for the legs whilst I try and figure out a training plan for the100 miler.



To make a donation towards the vital work of ALZHEIMERS RESEARCH UK please click on the following link. MY VIRGIN MONEY GIVING PAGE .Thank you very much.





1 comment: